RUSSIA, UKRAINE & COMMONWEALTH OF INDEPENDENT STATES: THE ASSET RECOVERY LANDSCAPE
3rd Annual Offshore Alert European Financial Intelligence & Investigations Conference will be held at the Bloomsbury Hotel, London on 10-11 November 2014.
OffshoreAlert is bringing the leading North American educational & networking event for those in the highest end of international finance to London for the third consecutive year, once again showcasing high-profile speakers:
- Martin Kenney, Managing Partner, Martin Kenney & Co., Solicitors (BVI)
- Dmytro Marchukov, Counsel, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners (Ukraine)
- Daniel Hall, Director, Focus Ltd. (London)
This session will look at the current asset recovery landscape in eastern Europe, including:
- Do similarities exist in the tradecraft used by asset protection professionals in this region? If so, what is the pattern? Layers upon layers of Cypriot, BVI, Seychelles and other offshore companies and Nevisian trusts?
- The paradox facing obligors from this region: do lawbreakers have to run to legal constructs to shelter their assets? Are some assets in the west and most in the east?
- What strategies are used to suffocate or demolish an asset recovery effort targeting an Oligarch?
- The role of communications/the media.
- Physical security, risks.
- Falsification of documentary evidence.
- Other risks unique to cross-border litigation involving this region, conflicting judgments, the risk of judicial corruption.
10 November 2014 at 4:15 PM – 5:30 PM,
The Bloomsbury Hotel, 16-22 Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3NN
From £490 including drinks reception, lunches, refreshment breaks and access to sessions.