18 January 2015, The London Ukrainian Community held a protest against Russian terrorism at the Russian Embassy in London.
- Russia hands off Ukraine! http://youtu.be/XaHpTRr2UK8
- Putin is the terrorist! http://youtu.be/7jTEeAd5uSc
- Putin is the fascist! http://youtu.be/ymheOLAThQQ
The Ukrainian community in London joined by representatives from Poland, Belarus, Georgia, Lithuania, Syria and the UK appealed to the world demanding them not to tolerate terrorist acts against Ukrainian civilians by the Kremlin-backed militants. The tragedy that happened at the Volnovakha check-point where a bus with innocent civilians was blown up on the 14th January was one of numerous murderous acts committed by the Russian militants in the occupied regions in Eastern Ukraine.
Today, Ukrainians around the world held a peace protest joined by 37 cities and towns. The London rally had more than 200 participants and the protesters called on Russia to stop murdering Ukrainians. Illegally imprisoned hostages Nadiya Savchenko and Oleg Sentsov, as well as many others Ukrainian citizens kidnapped by the Russian special forces must be released. They demanded the world stop ignoring lethal Russian aggression in Ukraine and to recognise the self-proclaimed “DNR” & “LNR” as terrorist organisations and Russia as a country which sponsors and spreads terrorism.
If you want to support Ukraine please join efforts of the volunteers of London Euromaidan:
- London Euromaidan continues its work and runs a fundraising centre on a daily basis at 154 Holland Park Ave W11 4UH. More details on fundraising, reports and donations at: http://saveukraine.co.uk/fundraising.html
- Website: www.saveukraine.co.uk
- Twitter @londonmaidan
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/london.maidan
Tags: Russia-Ukraine conflict