6-8 March 2015
Friday, 6 March: 6 – 9 PM
Saturday, 7 March 10AM – 8PM
Sunday, 8 March 12AM- 6PM
Ukrainian Club, 154 Holland Park, London
Ukrainian Club and Global Friends of Ukraine are inviting all interested to the photo exhibition “Donbas: War and Peace”.
About the Ukrainian Club
At Ukrainian Club you can experience the very hospitable Ukrainian culture and order delicious Ukrainian home-made food including famous red beetroot Borsch and Varenyky.
Victims of War Rehabilitation Project
The photo works displayed at the exhibition will be available for purchase. The funds raised will be spent to support the Victims of War Rehabilitation Project which will deliver training to medical personnel and volunteers who work with soldiers and civilians affected by the war, as well as provide medical and rehabilitation equipment to hospitals.
About the Exhibition
The collection will tell the stories about how the lives of ordinary people have changes irrevocably as a result of the war. It is the story of human sacrifice, dignity and heroism. It was created with the support of Ms Iryna Gerashchenko, Official Representative of the President of Ukraine on the peaceful settlement of the conflict in Donetsk and Lugansk regions in cooperation with the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine (NUJU); curated by Natalia Ishchenko and Sergii Morugin.
The exhibition in London was made possible thanks to support from Mr Igor Liski, the Chairman of the Board of “Effective Investment LtD”, and Member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce.
Authors of those photos:
- Ivan (Iv) Bogdan. Photographer, volunteer.
- Oleksyi Chernyshov.
- Maksim Drabok. Media Consultant and Producer for CBS (USA), ITN Channel 4 News (UK) and VRT (Belgium) in Ukraine.
- Yaroslav Galas.
- Iryna Gerashchenko. Member of Parliament of Ukraine. President appointed her an a Commissioner on peaceful resolution of conflict in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- Viktor Gurnyak. Photographer (Internet-newspaper «Insider»). Soldier of battalion “Aydar”.
- Sergiy Kharchenko.
- Kostyantyn Khodak. Staff Sergeant, mechanized brigade of Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Klymenko. Photographer (Newspaper “Holos Ukrainy” (Voice of Ukraine)).
- Oles Kromplyas. Commander of the battalion of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
- Max Levin. Photographer (Internet-newspaper LB.ua).
- Olexiy Lipiridi.
- Sergei Loiko. Journalist, translator, writer and photographer.
- Markiian Lyseiko. Photographer (UKRINFORM).
- Maxim Muzyka.
- Lieutenant-colonels Taras Gren, Yuzef Venskovych, Arkadiy Radkivskyi and Major Victor Grom are officers of the press-centre of the Antiterrorist Operation.
- Oleksandr Ratushnyak.
- Evgen Sosnovskiy. Local citizen of Mariupol.
- Konstantyn Sova.
- Oleksandr Shulman. Journalist, editor, photographer from Kyiv.
GFU is UK-registered organisation which brings together the many friends of Ukraine from around the world from all walks of life and aims to turn international goodwill into practical action to help Ukraine to overcome the crisis and ensure sustainable development