Sunday, 22 May 2016
11.30 am – Charity Fair and Arts Masterclasses “From Children to Children” at the Ukrainian Club (154 Holland Park Avenue, W11) *
- Ukrainian craft, souvenirs, embroidery and traditional dress fair
- Drawing masterclasses for children by famous Ukrainian artist Olga Brown
- Face-paining and family entertainments
- Traditional baking masterclass
- Children’s Drawing exhibition “Happy Childhood in Blossoming Ukraine” (30 winning drawings from the Ukrainian National Drawing Competition from 17 regions in Ukraine)
- DJ music
- All proceed from this charity event will go towards a fundraising campaign to help children with cancer and leukaemia in Ukraine
- Organisers: 0744 02267 506; 0793 9267 853; firstname.lastname@example.org
2.00 pm – Gathering at Whitehall
Meeting point: Whitehall (Richmond terrace, opposite Downing street)
This unique event is commemorated to the Ukrainian traditional costume (embroidery). The World Vyshyvanka Day will be celebrated on19 May and Vyshyvanka March will be held in London on 22 May in conjunction with many others cities in Ukraine and worldwide.
2.30 pm – Welcome speech and start of the march
The programme of the event will include live music and songs, dancing and flashmobs. Please feel free to come with any musical instruments, prepare songs, contests and entertainments for all participants. Any ideas and suggestions for the programme of this unique event are very welcome!
Walking route: Whitehall (Richmond terrace), Westminster Bridge, Belvedere Road, Jubilee Gardens, Southbank walk, Thames path / Bankside, Tooley street, Potter Fields Park (picnic).
Map of the route: https://goo.gl/maps/TRYwgtrAFC82
5.00 pm – Finish & Picnic at Potter Fields Park
Share and invite your friends